Robert Díaz Díaz
• Born in Jamundí, Colombia in 1986.
• Graduated in acting from the University of Valle in Cali, Colombia.
• Since 2005 began his research in contemporary dance.
• Between 2007 – 2015 partnered as a dancer in the company Ázoe Danza from Cali, Colombia, directed by Adriana Miranda Cortés, in which he has taken part in different important projects as a collaboration with the French company Gallotta in one version of the piece “Blik” (2009) and the project “Kill me but wait for me”, directed by the choreographer Redha Beintifour (2013).
• In 2009 – 2013 started his research in circus. Studied in the school “Circo Para Todos” (Circus for everyone) in Cali and Bogotá, Colombia, where he starts his work specializing on the “Tight Wire” and the “Cyr Wheel” technique.
• In 2015 is honored by the ICETEX (Instituto Colombiano de Crédito Educativo y Estudios Técnicos en el Exterior) as a Joven talento (Young talent) with a scholarship to do his master in physical theatre at Accademia Teatro Dimitri in Switzerland.
• In 2017 he finished his master studies at the Accademia Theatre Dimitri, approaching the link between theatre, contemporary dance and circus techniques.
• In 2005, being interested in pedagogy, he started to give various courses in theatre, dance, acrobatics and circus techniques to people of different ages in different schools and academies. He has been associated as a Teacher in such schools as the ballet school Incolbalet (Instituto Colombiano de Ballet) and the university ICESI, both in Cali, Colombia.
• Since September 2016 until 2020 he taught at the Accademia Teatro Dimitri in Switzerland.